Monday, February 09, 2015

Unwell.

I am unwell.

I woke up today with the chills, aches, a bad runny nose, and a terrible fever. The fever was so high that washing my hands gave me the chills, and putting on my jeans in the morning felt as if I had retrieved them from having been left outside on a cold winter's day. And mind you, that this is tropical Singapore where our temperatures probably average at about 28 degrees Celcius throughout the year.

I have never been unwell so often in my life.

Today, possibly for the first time in my life, I popped two Panadols. It was a shocking experience for me because I usually avoid self-medicating like the plague. I hate meds and hate the thought that I cannot have full control over my body and have to rely on a pellet of crushed compacted concocted powders from goodness knows where, to heal my body. Maybe it's OCD, but I hate meds.

But today, I had to pop them because of all the work I have to accomplish today. And surprisingly, after huddling up in my down-feather comforter for an hour and shivering whilst I slept, I woke up without the chills by the end of the hour. THANK GOD. I still have a mild fever, aches, and a runny nose, but I CAN WORK. Yay!

Being unwell has really gotten me thinking about my life though and how my health has gone to the dogs - what with this high stress, sedentary life. Even with having gone back to fencing, it's not enough to get me back in shape. I've been putting on weight in fact! :(

The last thing I want to be is a Debbie Downer when it comes to life!
There's is so much in life to live for. And so much that life has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment