Friday, August 08, 2014

Day 50! Milestone! :)

Pain Level: 1 - Weird pain in my lip where it's numb.
Swelling: Was pretty bad this morning, but better now.
Sleep last night: Better than the past few days.
Other weirdness: Read below.
Mood: A little celebratory... it's day 50! :)

Wow! I can't believe it's already Day 50! I'm just 10 days-ish shy of 2 months post op! Time does really fly.


Just another one of my recipes
I posted on my IG... :)
Considering how much I'm eating nowadays I think I'm going to stop reporting on the things I'm eating. :) I'm technically supposed to be sticking to a soft diet/liquid diet, but ever since the day that I discovered that I could actually use a small spoon and suck things through the small gap between my teeth... my diet has gone awry and I've started putting on weight! NOooooOOOooo....

I've been eating pretty much everything from roast chicken, leafy greens, various types of quinoa, bread, pizza even! All cut into little bits and sucked in through the little gap. It's pretty amazing.

The weirdest things that have been happening are that 

  1. The part of my lip that was numb has been having weird sensations the past two days. Most of the time, it feels raw and swollen - as if I scalded it - and other times there's some weird zap that goes through it... it almost feels like I had some really small caterpillar crawling a little distance on that area or something. There's just no other way I can seem to describe it.
  2. I still need to sleep on an incline. This morning, I woke up and found that I was lying flat on my bed. My face felt as if it were completely waterlogged or something. It felt as if my face had gone back to Week One levels of swollenness and was pressing against my teeth. It didn't look as bad as it felt, but the pressure was really uncomfortable. It went away after a few hours (and water and walking around), but yeah, that was pretty unexpected especially at Week 7ish.

Other than that, life seems to be almost back to normal. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of work, I'm eating almost anything...well, at least anything soft enough to swallow and doesn't require chewing or biting. I'm also now a lot more courageous and comfortable out in public (which is a BIG improvement compared to the first week where I would cover my face with a scarf).

On other notes in life, today I found out that I've been selected to participate in an International Women's Day Forum and I'm super excited about that! I'm feeling so blessed and really looking forward to it. Just praying that I'll be well prepared for that.

And for no good reason, and every good one, here's a random picture of me and my ability to stick out my tongue.


I considered sticking out my tongue a BIG achievement as I couldn't do it at all for a few weeks. It is amazing being able to lick things off a spoon again..at least with little licks now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment