Thursday, January 21, 2016

A new discovery.

So my blood test results came back today.

The medical appointment was a little awkward because I was both excited and fearful at the same time. Excited because I might find out exactly what was going on in my body, and yet fearful because I didn't really want to be diagnosed with something that I had to be on medications or something on for the rest of my life. It was weird and conflicting... and I supposed it showed on my face when the doctor showed me the results - which resulted in a furrowed brow and great effort to stop myself from breaking out into a big grin, all at the same time. It was quite disconcerting really, because I knew there was something coming - as the doctor didn't just say "the results came out negative". Instead, she made me wait with a "hold on, let me print this out and I'll explain the results to you"... then came my crazy frown-smile combo whilst she was trying to explain the results whilst my brain buzzed with white noise whilst I tried to pick up little bits and pieces...

It turns out that I have subclinical hypothyroidism.

Finally, some understanding about the sudden weight gain, hair and skin and nail problems, freak stuff... and of why I'm so tired and depressed so often.

I'd share more, but I honestly just need some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment